Tuesday, May 26, 2026

Introduction

 Doubting Doubt

(Table of Contents - Click This Link) 


Introduction

 

  I remember once watching a Hallmark TV movie.  It is called The King and Queen of Moonlight Bay.[1]  In one scene, a young lady, played by Kristen Bell, had something troubling her mind.  She went to visit a kindly old man, played by Ed Asner, with whom she was acquainted.  In this movie he was a retired English teacher.  As Kristen Bell dropped in on Ed Asner, he was reading a large book, which he put down for her to see.

  “War and Peace,” said Asner.  “You ever read it?”

  Bell:  “No.  I barely got through the cliff notes.  It’s too big.”

  Asner, nodding his head:  “Well, it is big.  But everything inside of it’s big.  It’s grand, in fact.”

 

  I don’t know how many times I have been criticized for writing too much.  But it’s part of what I do.  I read and I write.  Grand things cannot be properly described in bite-sized snippets. 

  There have been times when I have gone overboard.  Once, I was trying to explain the attributes of God and the Doctrine of Eternity to someone and they told me that it was wrong for me to dump an avalanche of words on them.  And they were quite right.  Still, what would it have been if the Roman Christians, after receiving Paul’s epistle, had said, “You shouldn’t be dumping such an avalanche of words on us!”

  Big things cannot be explained in few words.

  Or can they?


[1] The King and Queen of Moonlight Bay, produced by Alpine Medien, Larry Levinson Productions, released by Hallmark Entertainment, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update

Doubting Doubt (Table of Contents - Click This Link) Update